Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Art of Living - I"m So Happy About My Upcoming Retreat


This pagoda has 100 meditation cells that can be used by students who have completed the initial ten day course.


I've been neglecting my blog for a while now because I'm getting ready to go on a 10 day meditation retreat..a 10 day course to learn Vipassana Meditation. I've been wanting so much to do something like this, to be able to devote time and energy and willingness to understand and practice Buddhist wisdom. This wonderful place is very near where I live in Texas, of all places!! Here's a link to the Dhamma Siri Center -- the Southwest Vipassana Meditation Center in Kaufman, Texas.

http://www.siri.dhamma.org/art.shtml

This link goes directly to a very nice overview of the beginning course and it will also lead you to the rest of the site. I hope in October, I'll have some things to share with you.