Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Leaving Tomorrow for the 10 Day Vipassana Meditation Course

I'm ready as I'm going to be. I was going to meditate every day sitting in a wooden chair so that I would be more ready to sit for long periods of time, but I didn't get that done to the extent I wanted to. I have been meditating, but not in the wooden chair... I did exercise almost daily - I wanted to be more fit and limber going in. I'm feeling calm and I have some anticipation as to what it will be like, but my fears of getting too hungry or sleepy have gone. I worry a little, but not excessively, about my neck and shoulders hurting from so much sitting, but I can deal with that if it comes up. I am happy about the opportunity to learn the Vipassana meditation technique. I believe what I will learn about myself is going to be important. And, I hope that what I learn will benefit others directly or indirectly. I believe that this experience will be a good one. Now for my regular old stuff: Its my inclination to go buy a bunch of clothes, but I'm not going to. I'm getting a few pairs of yoga pants and some soft, muted colored shirts. And some socks. But otherwise, I'm just not going overboard. What a concept. I'm going to the store tonight and packing in the morning. And I'm hitting the road around 1:30pm tomorrow...Wednesday September 12, 2012... I'll report in when I get back.